Where can I get OpenCL for Fedora 14.

Nicholas van Oudtshoorn vanoudt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 19:48:29 CST 2011

The latest closed source nvidia drivers from the rpmfusion repository
include openCL support. You'll also have to have the -devel  I have
found, though, that I have to explicitly tell the wine build system
where it is. A simple

export LDFLAGS="-L /usr/lib/nvidia -L /usr/lib64/nvidia/"

seems to do the trick for me. (Of course, being i686, you'll want just
"-L /usr/lib/nvidia" ). Not sure why this is the case, ld seems to be
set up with all the information...

But wait, there's more!

For some obscure reason known only to themselves, there is no cl.h
included in the rpmfusion -devel package. To get that, you have to
manually install CUDA support from nvidia. From
    http://developer.nvidia.com/object/cuda_3_2_downloads.html#Linux
what you want to download is the "CUDA Toolkit for Fedora 13[1]" (don't
worry, it works fine!)

Run this as root from a console:
    sudo sh cudatoolkit_3.2.16_linux_32_fedora13.run
And follow the prompts. (Just accept all the defaults).

Finally, for completeness, create a file in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ called
cuda.conf with the contents
For i686:
    /usr/local/cuda/lib
For x86_64:
    /usr/local/cuda/lib64
    /usr/local/cuda/lib

And there you go! OpenCL support in Wine. Hopefully, it'll get easier.

Nick

[1]
http://www.nvidia.com/object/thankyou.html?url=/compute/cuda/3_2_prod/toolkit/cudatoolkit_3.2.16_linux_32_fedora13.run