dinput: Combine ASCII and Unicode device create callbacks. Add tests. (try 2)

Greg Geldorp ggeldorp at vmware.com
Fri Jan 21 02:43:51 CST 2011

From: Vitaliy Margolen
> On 01/20/2011 07:52 PM, Marvin wrote:
> > === WNT4WSSP6 (32 bit device) ===
> > device.c:168: Test failed: DirectInputCreate() failed: 80040154
>
> Does this box has any newer version of DX installed at all? If it doesn't
> know about DX2 interfaces I'm guessing not.

I've tried to install the June 2010 DirectX redistributable on it, but it
won't even start the setup program. Says the setup program is not a valid
Windows NT application, which happens if the
Major/MinorOperatingSystemVersion
in the PE header is set to 5.0.
So in short, no, there's no recent DX version installed.

Greg