windowscodecs: Disable ICNS support when building for Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger.

Ken Thomases ken at codeweavers.com
Fri Jan 21 18:18:14 CST 2011

On Jan 21, 2011, at 5:04 AM, Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> Several other things are already broken on Mac OS X 10.4. Basic
> functionality is there, but it's not worth investing a lot of efforts
> into supporting every last bit of functionality on 10.4.

In addition to what Alexandre said, if we did want to put in the effort to maintain Tiger support, we'd still use the native API.  Tiger does have support for ICNS and the IconFamily API; that API goes back to classic Mac OS.  It's just that Leopard introduced some conveniences to that API -- in particular, treating sizes smaller than 256 as ARGB instead of separate image and mask -- that I took advantage of in my code.  So, supporting Tiger would entail more cumbersome code, but not a reversion to libicns.

Regards,
Ken