shdocvw: Implement IWebBrowser::ExecWB and IWebBrowser::QueryStatusWB.
ggeldorp at vmware.com
Fri Jan 28 07:45:59 CST 2011
From: Greg Geldorp <ggeldorp at vmware.com>
> From: Erich Hoover
> > On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 3:53 AM, Greg Geldorp <ggeldorp at vmware.com> wrote:
> > > ...
> > > Looking at http://test.winehq.org/data/tests/shdocvw:webbrowser.html,
> > > the shdocvw:webbrowser test doesn't have a history of occasional
> > > crashes. There are a few failures, but none of them are due to access
> > > violations. Which kind of indicates that the crash is because of the
> > > changes you made.
> > > I know it sucks to investigate failures that don't repro consistently,
> > > but I do think some more testing would be good here. Of course, if
> > > there's any info you need about the VM just let me know.
> > Well, I commandeered a XP SP3 box this morning and ran that exact same
> > set of tests successfully 10,000 times. I don't have access to a Win7
> > box or I would have run the tests on that. Thoughts?
> I'll do a similar test on Win7 tomorrow and let you know the results.
I started by running your test binary 10,000 times on W7PROX64. Not a single
crash, so that looked kind of promising. Just to be sure, I then ran the
binary on a dual-core Win7 x64 machine (the W7PROX64 VM has only one core
assigned to it). This resulted in an immediate crash. Tried a few more times,
it crashed 9 out of 10 times.
To make sure that these crashes are related to your patch, I ran the test
without your patch on the same dual-core machine. First few tries didn't
produce crashes, I then ran it in a loop 10,000 times. Not a single crash.
So, it looks like your patch introduces some multi-threading issue. I haven't
investigated further, perhaps I'll have some time over the weekend to dig a
More information about the wine-devel