po: Use non-breaking spaces where required by the French typography rules.

Frédéric Delanoy frederic.delanoy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 08:21:56 CDT 2011

2011/7/25 Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr>:
> On Sun, 24 Jul 2011, Frédéric Delanoy wrote:
> [...]
>> Did you use thin/normal non-breaking spaces?
>
> I used regular non-breaking spaces.
>
>> Keep in mind that the space "width" and breakability rules change
>> slightly between e.g. France and French-speaking Canada, and that some
>> (most?) translation tools don't allow you to easily view/enter those
>> characters.
>
> Just for information, what are the differences?

I didn't find the exact page, but you can check the following:
- http://traduc.org/gnomefr/Typographie
- http://66.46.185.79/bdl/gabarit_bdl.asp?Al=1&id=2039&D=Espacement%20avant%20et%20apr%E8s%20les%20signes%20de%20ponctuation

traduc mailing list archive may have some additional info on this.

Frédéric