[1/2] cmd/tests: Add FOR /D tests (try 2)

Frédéric Delanoy frederic.delanoy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 15:57:12 CDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 22:05, Octavian Voicu <octavian.voicu at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/7/29 Frédéric Delanoy <frederic.delanoy at gmail.com>:
>> +rem for /d %%i in (ba*) do echo %%i>> tmp
>> +rem sort < tmp
>> +rem del tmp
>
> I believe you can also use this syntax [put for instruction in
> parentheses, add | sort at the end]:
> (for ... ...) | sort

Yeah, but as usual, when NT4 enters in the dance... you get the
picture... doesn't support the same set of arguments as later
versions...
Sorting is of course a very recent problem ;)

BTW I quickly tested your stuff, but I get a list of "prompt>echo ..."

> Btw, it's a horrible hack, but until you'll have a wine sort you can
> test with (for ... ...) | Z:\usr\bin\sort :)

I'm sure AJ would appreciate that a lot ;)

Frédéric