[2/3] kernel32/heap: Fix some hacks in GlobalMemoryStatus(). (try 2)

Adam Martinson amartinson at codeweavers.com
Fri Jun 3 15:19:18 CDT 2011

On 06/03/2011 02:36 PM, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:

>>> I'd suggest to write some tests and try to understand what does Windows
>>> and at which step.
>>>
>> I don't know of any way to do this with the current testing framework,
>> and I think the apps that require it (DNS7 is the only one I know of)
>> give us a clear enough picture.  If there are other apps that need
>> specific things out of this kind of behavior then I'll try to figure out
>> some way to incorporate it in the tests.
> Start with writing a simple Windows app that replicates what DNS/IS6 are
> doing.

Alright, I'll see what I can come up with over the weekend.

>> Ah, I thought you were talking about
>> <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa366912%28v=vs.85%29.aspx>, so
>> I was trying to figure out how to exclude system processes if it was
>> called by an app process, etc, which seems like a reasonable thing to
>> do.  Attached is a version which should appropriately limit the scope.
> You don't understand, it doesn't matter what DLLs are loaded in other
> processes, that shouldn't have any influence on address space limitations
> in current process.

No, I mean the process tree was something like wine-preloader -> DNS7
setup -> IS6.  No point in checking system processes here, tho I think
all of Wine's binaries set IMAGE_FILE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE.  What you're
saying is correct, but we're talking about different things.