wineoss.drv: Add mmdevapi driver.

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at
Sat Jun 4 08:14:23 CDT 2011

On Mon, 9 May 2011, Andrew Eikum wrote:
> Makes sense to me. Thanks. Do this patch and the float format patch
> together fix your build issues, Gerald?

The short answer is: Yes!

The long answer is that here have been three different issues around OSS
on current versions of FreeBSD where out of the box Wine would not build.

1. Lack of AFMT_FLOAT

   This has been addressed by Wine commit
   of mine which only uses this if present.

   I also filed the following report against FreeBSD:

2. Lack of AFMT_S24_PACKED

   This has been addressed by Wine commit
   of mine which replaced it with AFMT_S24_LE.

   I have not filled a bug against FreeBSD since according to
   this does not appear all too useful to begin with?

   This is addressed by my latest patch that uses the equivalent,
   but older and deprecated, SNDCTL_DSP_RESET in case.

   I also submitted a patch against FreeBSD along the same lines:

As you can see, all three issues have been addressed in Wine now and
for two of them I filed bugs against FreeBSD (one with a patch). :-)

Thanks for your guidance and support around this!