Re: GSoC-2011: Implement Missing Mesh Functions in Wine’s D3DX9

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 05:59:46 CDT 2011

On 8 June 2011 11:33, Michael Mc Donnell <michael at mcdonnell.dk> wrote:
> Henri, do you have any comments about my UpdateSemantics patches
> before I send them off to wine-patches?

Looks fine to me.

On the subject of style though, two things:
  - I really dislike things like LPDWORD and LPD3DXMESH. For one,
there's the issue that "const LPDWORD" doesn't do what you want, so
you'd need something like "LPCDWORD", which doesn't exist. The other
issue is that unless typedefs are used for some kind of abstraction,
like e.g. uint32_t, they're just obfuscation. I.e., "typedef type
*LPTYPE;" just hides that "LPTYPE" is a pointer, and "typedef
enum/struct x x;" just hides that "x" is a struct or enum.
  - "There’s a standard naming scheme for C, and it’s all lower case
with underscores as separators."