GSoC-2011: Implement Missing Mesh Functions in Wine’s D3DX9

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Thu Jun 16 17:02:50 CDT 2011

On Thursday 16 June 2011 10:49:19 Michael Mc Donnell wrote:
> I've added the test you outlined. It shows you're correct that
> GetDeclaration only writes up to D3DDECL_END().  I've changed the
> implementation so that it caches the number of elements and only
> writes up to D3DDECL_END().
Looks good to me.

> You're right it could potentially read undefined memory depending on
> the compiler semantics. I think the safest thing is just to read up to
> D3DDECL_END() in the passed in declaration, then it will never read
> undefined memory (except if the programmer makes a mistake).
Looks good, but please write a WARN message in every case where you return an
error to the application. We believe that we handled the error condition
correctly, so there's no need for a FIXME, but the broken app behavior may
have been triggered by some other problem in Wine, so the message is more
important than a simple TRACE.