limits on the number of events, windows and threads?

Ove Kaaven ovek at arcticnet.no
Fri Jun 17 16:18:34 CDT 2011

Den 17. juni 2011 16:38, skrev Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com:
> Hi,
>
> I vaguely remember reading about a quite low limit on the number of
> event objects that a thread can hold because each one is said
> to take up one bit in some 32 or 64 bit mask.

You should probably clarify what you mean, since it is not possible and
does not make sense for a thread to "hold" an event object.

Event objects might be waited on, I suppose, in which case waiting on
them using WaitForMultipleObjects would be limited by the number of
objects that you can pass to WaitForMultipleObjects (i.e., up to 64
objects), but this doesn't have anything to do with bitmasks, nor should
it be the same as "holding".

> Is there such a low limit on the number of events (or other types of
> handles) than one thread can hold in native or in Wine?

Would depend on what you mean by "hold", but probably not.