How to do single-step debugging while testing?

Michael Mc Donnell michael at mcdonnell.dk
Fri Jun 24 07:44:10 CDT 2011

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 1:30 PM, Stefan Dösinger <stefandoesinger at gmx.at> wrote:
> On Friday 24 June 2011 11:53:22 Michael Mc Donnell wrote:
>> $ ../../../tools/runtest name_of_test
>>
>> Is there a way to run the test in a debugger, so that I can single
>> step through the functions that the test calls?
> ../../../wine winedbg foo_test.exe.so should work.

Thanks. My next question is now how I use a graphical debugger. I'm
trying to run d3dx9_36_test.exe.so, so I use the command:

$ ../../../wine winedbg --gdb --no-start d3dx9_36_test.exe.so mesh

It then starts and prints out what port to connect on. Something like:

target remote localhost:57380

Now I want to connect my graphical debugger. I enter "target remote
localhost:57380" in ddd's command line and it connects. But how do I
attach the source code and so on (I'm use to debugging in Eclipse and
VS)?