How to do single-step debugging while testing?

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Fri Jun 24 07:56:20 CDT 2011

On Friday 24 June 2011 14:44:10 Michael Mc Donnell wrote:
> Now I want to connect my graphical debugger. I enter "target remote
> localhost:57380" in ddd's command line and it connects. But how do I
> attach the source code and so on (I'm use to debugging in Eclipse and
> VS)?
I'm not sure about that, I never used any graphical debuggers with Wine. But
gdb(and winedbg) always found the Wine source, my assumption was that the path
to it is stored in the binaries, so ddd should automatically find it.

Also note that you don't have to use winedbg, you can also use gdb
directly(ie, "gdb wine", then "start foo.exe.so"). This only works with a Wine
binary created by make install, because the wine executable in the build tree
is actually a shell script. You can also attach gdb to a running Wine process.