Patch hw cursor Wine 1.3.15

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Sun Mar 13 17:25:55 CDT 2011

On 03/13/2011 02:31 PM, Valentino Dell'Aica wrote:
> Hi I've modified a patch for hw cursor in wine  so it can work on wine 1.3.15
You have number of problems with your patch formatting with are outlined
here: http://wiki.winehq.org/SubmittingPatches

> +    hwgl = getenv("WINE_CURSOR");
Wine uses registry for things like this. It should be a static variable set
once.

> +             WINE_FIXME("Out of memory.\n");
For wine libraries this should be "FIXME". Also just printing fixme isn't a
good error handling.

And can you explain why for every button press/release you creating/removing
cursor? This is highly inefficient. And what are you trying to archive with
it anyway?

Vitaliy.