Wine Gecko 1.2.0 released

Jacek Caban jacek at codeweavers.com
Tue Mar 15 13:02:35 CDT 2011

Hi all,

The new Wine Gecko release is out and already used by Wine git version.
Let me conclude shortly what has changed (more detailed updates can be
found in my previous mails). It mostly means that you have to download
it from Wine Sourceforge [1] and put it into the right directory [2] as
always after each Gecko update. One important change is that there is
msi file instead of cab file. Also starting with Wine 1.3.15, packages
should be updated to depend on the new Gecko. Packagers may consider
compiling Gecko themselves as building process no longer has ugly
dependencies.

Thanks to everyone who helped with the release!

BTW, the nice thing is that accidentally we've released just after IE9.
That's what I call a quick response :)

Cheers,
     Jacek

[1] https://sourceforge.net/projects/wine/files/Wine%20Gecko/1.2.0/