Summer of Code 2011 is on!

Maarten Lankhorst m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 01:55:35 CDT 2011

Hi all,

As you may have known wine has been accepted for summer of code 2011 as
a mentoring organization. As such the wine project is now looking for
students to participate this year with wine. On our wiki page[1] you can
find some ideas, but if you come up with your own idea you will have a
lot better chance of getting accepted, as long as you listen to
feedback. Summer of code is not just learning to code, but also getting
your code accepted into the wine git tree. We'll try to help with that,
but the interaction with the wine community is definitely required.

For some advice you can read [2] for example.

[1] http://wiki.winehq.org/SummerOfCode
[2] http://bit.ly/efXVqz

Cheers,
Maarten

PS1: Is anyone willing to add a 'news' blurb about summer of code to the
main site?
PS2: Also looking for mentor applies.