[1/4] wined3d: don't create VBOs in buffer::preload

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 04:58:00 CDT 2011

On 20 March 2011 20:07, Stefan Dösinger <stefan at codeweavers.com> wrote:

I'm not so sure about this patch. I think preload() should
conceptually be "wined3d_resource_load_location(resource,
WINED3D_RESOURCE_LOCATION_GPU, NULL);", and this patch seems to move
away from that rather than towards it. I'm also not sure about how the
bug you're describing would actually happen. Although
device_stream_info_from_declaration() seems to assume preload() can
only drop buffer objects, it does correctly call buffer_get_sysmem(),
so the resulting stream info should be consistent, even though perhaps
somewhat sub-optimal. Shouldn't this just be a matter of fixing
device_stream_info_from_declaration() to not assume preload() can only
drop buffer objects?