winex11.drv/opengl.c: Unhandled null pointer

Joshua Beck jxb091000 at utdallas.edu
Tue Mar 22 11:27:54 CDT 2011

On 03/22/2011 05:55 AM, Henri Verbeet wrote:
> On 22 March 2011 08:59, Joshua Beck<jxb091000 at utdallas.edu>  wrote:
>
>> What do you think?
>>

> Does the pglXMakeCurrent() call a few lines above succeed? We should
> probably check the result of that call.
It doesn't succeed. I added some FIXMEs to the code to get output for
debugging and this is what it printed before it crashed:
 >fixme:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo pglXMakeCurrent returned 0
 >fixme:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo pglGetString pointer is equal to 0
> Nevertheless, this means
> something is broken with your GL setup, so while the error handling
> could be improved, it's not going to make the application work. With
> the NVIDIA drivers this kind of thing typically happens when you have
> a version mismatch between libGL and the kernel module.

I know it's not going to make it work, but it's still a good idea to
have descriptive error messages. It helps less technically skilled
people figure out what's wrong. Also wine-devel isn't really the place
to ask for help setting up 32-bit drivers, so I didn't ask for that help
here. If you want to help me we should email each other outside of the
mailing list.