[GSoC] Merge winecfg and Control Panel

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Wed Mar 23 15:31:09 CDT 2011

On 03/23/2011 07:15 AM, Dan Kegel wrote:
> Also... it would be nice if there were a central commandline
> way of changing wine settings, kind of like 'net' is a central
> way of manipulating networking.
>
> I've been thinking that winecfg should have a commandline
> interface, too, and making it accept winetricks settings
> directly.    Something like that would also make a good soc project.

I remember proposing this idea long ago as I would have found it useful
for front end user interfaces.

It's what lead to the creation of the python-wine library by Christian
Dannie Stroggard, which is a part of the vineyard project now.

I suggest anyone having this need/considering implementing this give
that a look.

-Scott Ritchie