GSoC: Implement the Explorer

Jay Yang jkelleyy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 23:16:22 CDT 2011

Hello,

     Since my first proposal got no response at all, I thought I'd offer
another possible project I'm interested in. I looked a little into the
"Implement the Explorer" project idea listed on the Summer of Code page
on the wine wiki. I have a few questions as to what parts need to be
implemented. Clearly, as stated by the description on the Summer of Code
page, we have winefile, which does some of the things expected of
explorer, but how far is winefile from a correct explorer
implementation? Also would implementing Shell Extensions be a good
Summer of Code project? In particular, I think it would be nice to have
things like TortiseSVN working in wine.

Thanks
--
Jay Yang