[GSoC] Merge winecfg and Control Panel

Tony Zhang niu.tony.c.zhang at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 23:03:54 CDT 2011

Dear Owen,

> Actually creating a new control panel applet is a fairly straightforward
> task. You can look at the existing control panels (appwiz.cpl, inetcpl.cpl)
> to get an idea of what's involved
>
> After all the searches, I still do not have an overall idea of how to
create an control panel applet. From my current understanding, if I put the
cpl (dll) file in "~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/", wine control will
recognize it automatically, right?

If so, is there any instructions on how to build a simple applet under wine
(even one that does nothing could work for me). I'd really like to try
create and build some test applet in order to understand it better.

Sorry for taking your time. Thanks in advance.
Best,
--
Tony (Chi Zhang)