d3dx10: Float16To32Array and Float32To16Array (GSoC)

Joshua Beck jxb091000 at utdallas.edu
Fri Mar 25 02:40:04 CDT 2011

On 03/20/2011 05:42 PM, Stefan Dösinger wrote:
> Wrt this specific function we already have some related infrastructure for
> D3DXLoadSurfaceFrom* . Also other parts of Wine(gdi32.dll, windowscodecs.dll)
> have functions for handling various on-disk file formats which can(and should)
> be used. (That's just some generic implementation hint, it doesn't mean that
> it makes the idea good or bad)

Is there any documentation I can read on how to program for these DLLs?
I've been looking through MSDN and I can't find anything specifically
about those DLLs. However I did find Windows Imaging Component (which I
think is what windowscodecs.dll implements) and that seems like it would
be helpful for the D3DXSaveSurfaceTo* functions.