GSoC: Implement the Explorer

Jay Yang jkelleyy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 15:51:00 CDT 2011

Hi David,

Thank you for your reply, I was quite busy yesterday so I didn't get
around to responding. Thank you for helping clarify the situation with
the explorer.

On 03/24/2011 10:51 AM, David Hedberg wrote:
> I also just now
> quickly fixed up the proof-of-concept "explorer" I hacked up last year
> so that it at least compiles on my system (see [2]). It's not
> beautiful (neither the code nor the interface), but it might give you
> an idea of what the current state of affairs are. It runs on at least
> wine and Windows 7, and should also run on Vista.

Yep, I got it to work after some fiddling with include paths, thanks.

> The code for creating new explorer windows should probably reside in
> explorerframe.dll, somewhat analogous to how this works for the
> Internet Explorer and shdocvw.dll.
So would implementing explorerframe.dll be a good summer project or is
it too large or too small? I haven't been able to find any good
documentation on what exactly is implemented by explorerframe.dll, is
there any?

Thanks
--
Jay Yang