Why do the wintab32 tests load the dll at runtime?

John Klehm xixsimplicityxix at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 19:34:58 CDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 5:27 AM, Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> wrote:

> The subject says it all.
> Why do the wintab32 tests load the dll at runtime instead of simply
> linking with wintab32.dll?

It was to make it easier when the dll wasn't around. I pretty sure
wintab32 is not included by default  with XP.  I've only looked
briefly but it seems to be MIA from Windows 7 as well (atleast in the
windows direcotry its' not to be found with a search).

 I think it's possible that there might be a default driver included
with Vista or Windows 7 given the amount of built in tablet stuff in
those versions of windows I might just have missed it.

--John