[2/3] msxml3/domdoc: Add an internal function to load from a UTF8 string.

Nikolay Sivov bunglehead at gmail.com
Thu May 5 09:21:45 CDT 2011

On 5/5/2011 18:09, Adam Martinson wrote:
> On 05/04/2011 05:56 PM, Nikolay Sivov wrote:
>> You don't need a separate helper for that. doparse() should do fine
>> with "UTF-8" encoding parameter to force encoding.
> This is to avoid calling domdoc_loadXML() from domdoc_load().  When we
> need almost identical behavior from 2 separate interface functions
> having a common internal function they both call makes sense to me...
My point is that we already have doparse(This, str, len, "UTF-8"); that
does exactly what you need. Side effects like setting creating
xmlDocNew(NULL) are handled later in ::load() too. Also ::loadXML()
takes BSTR that's always UTF-16, and we don't do it right now - cause
it's possible to avoid conversion it seems. Adding load_utf8 will mean
we stick to the utf16 -> utf8 conversion in loadXML.