po: Update French translation

Frédéric Delanoy frederic.delanoy at gmail.com
Fri May 6 06:46:06 CDT 2011

2011/5/6 Nicolas Le Cam <niko.lecam at gmail.com>:
>>> I'm not sure you can add a keyboard accelerator if there isn't one in
>>> the original message.
>>
>> Well actually, it's more like an error/omission in the original En version.
>>
>>  POPUP ""
>>  BEGIN
>>        MENUITEM "&Modify...",                  ID_EDIT_MODIFY
>>        MENUITEM "Modify Binary Data...",       ID_EDIT_MODIFY_BIN
>>        MENUITEM SEPARATOR
>>        MENUITEM "&Delete\tDel",                ID_EDIT_DELETE
>>        MENUITEM "&Rename",                     ID_EDIT_RENAME
>>  END
>>
>> As you can see, there's an accelerator on 3 out of 4 entries. For
>> consistency sake, the remaining one should have one as well.
>> I'll send a patch for this.
>>
>>> --
>>> Nicolas Le Cam
>>
>> Frédéric Delanoy
>>
> IMHO it isn't. It duplicates Windows behaviour : Modify / Delete and
> Rename have accelerators, Modify Binary Data doesn't.

Well if I want to be pedantic, the translations aren't also
word-for-word equal with windows.
Does that mean they should be discarded altogether?

I agree that 100% code, bug-for-bug compatibility is wine ultimate
objective, but for the GUI menu entries, I'm not so sure.
Maybe Windows regedit should add an accelerator there as well? That
would make sense IMHO.

Frédéric