Jerome Leclanche : wine.desktop: Remove the nonexistent application/ x-win-lnk MIME type.

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Sat May 7 04:24:41 CDT 2011

On Thu, 5 May 2011, Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> Module: wine
> Branch: master
> Commit: db03d247158ee44c06935b5e23fbf37485d8c8bf
>
> Author: Jerome Leclanche <adys.wh at gmail.com>
> Date:   Wed May  4 19:01:33 2011 +0100
>
> wine.desktop: Remove the nonexistent application/x-win-lnk MIME type.

I'm not sure this patch is correct: on my Debian Testing machine
application/x-win-lnk is defined in /usr/share/mime/packages/kde.xml
which comes from the kdelibs5-data. I also found a reference to this
package in the kdebase-runtime Fedora 11 runtime.

So this MIME type may not be standard (heck it has the 'x-' prefix
anyway) but KDE seems to know / be using it.

             Research is the transformation of money to knowledge.
            Innovation is the transformation of knowledge to money.
                              -- Dr. Hans Meixner