gdi32: Remove a set but unused variable

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Sat May 7 18:08:22 CDT 2011

I admit I am surprised that

  Commit: 46988651d91fbea7f611287e5d8320239e72108d

  Author: Nicolas Le Cam <niko.lecam at gmail.com>
  Date:   Fri Apr 29 23:57:09 2011 +0200

  gdi32: Remove a set but unused variable.

has been applied, for I had proposed this very patch a year ago when
Alexandre had rejected it with

  It seems pretty clear that it should be used, not removed.
  [ http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2010-May/083517.html ]

I tried to take that into account by updating the patch accordingly

  http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2010-May/088317.html

which, unexplicably to me, broke the tests so it was not applied:

  http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2010-May/083850.html

Now my original patch was re-submitted by Nicolas and applied.  Was
Alexandre's analysis incorrect in the original case, did he just fail
to catch the mistake this time around, or is it something else?

Gerald