dsound: return success in IDirectSoundBufferImpl_AcquireResources

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Wed May 11 08:40:42 CDT 2011

Austin English wrote:
-	FIXME("(%p,%08u,%u,%p): stub\n",This,dwFlags,dwEffectsCount,pdwResultCodes);
+	FIXME("(%p,%08u,%u,%p): stub, faking success!\n",This,dwFlags,dwEffectsCount,pdwResultCodes);

This is superfluous :-)  "stub" is generally synonym with faking success.

One lesson about apps - I tend to forget it myself - is that often enough they don't
check every result and choose an alternative control path when some call fails, so
better return success even thought it's a lie.
Several bugs were fixed by returning the success value that apps would get on native,
instead of returning the value that would be consistent with the specification
and implementation state in Wine, e.g. NOTSUPPORTED, ERR_NOTIMPLEMENTED etc.
I don't like that, but it helps.

Often enough, the stub must fill part of the output parameters
to prevent a crash later on.
This remembers me to look at bug #17893 (needs amstream stub) again.

Regards,
 Jörg Höhle