Question about ddraw implemtation

Ralph Little littlesincanada at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 13 16:41:53 CDT 2011

Hi,

On 11-05-13 10:15 AM, Henri Verbeet wrote:
> On 13 May 2011 19:03, Ralph Little<littlesincanada at yahoo.co.uk>  wrote:
>> trace:ddraw:CreateSurface DDSURF==== dwFlags(124)
> Is that correct? It doesn't have DDSD_PIXELFORMAT set.

No scrap that last message, my original trace was incorrect.
A typo meant I was outputting the size, not the flags :(

The flags are actually 4103 which includes DDSD_PIXELFORMAT.

Back to the original situation.

So, what is happening is that the caller is specifying DDSD_PIXELFORMAT
but there is nothing in the DDPIXELFORMAT structure to indicate how to
render.
However, the surface pointer is NULL so there is nothing to actually draw.

I added some code to test the PIXELFORMAT structure and if didn't like
what it found, it inserted the default.
It gets a lot further but crashes later on. I will try and find out what
is happening then.

Cheers,
Ralph