Tahoma Font License

Maarten Lankhorst m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com
Wed May 25 11:27:44 CDT 2011

Hi mark,

2011/5/25 Mark Page <rombust at hotmail.co.uk>:

> I am a bit confused by the Wine "tahoma" license: "Wine Tahoma Regular" ... GNU Lesser General Public License 2.1
>
> It would be useful to add the font to the ClanLib SDK resources (ClanLib has a zlib style license)
>
> It is not clear how a font can be licensed using LGPL, since LGPL is based around software libraries.
>
> Ideally I feel it should have a creative commons license
>
> I believe Creative commons did not exist when that font was created
tahoma.sfd: Copyright: Copyright (c) 2004 Larry Snyder, Based on
Bitstream Vera Sans Copyright (c) 2003 by Bitstream, Inc. Font renamed
in accordance with former's license. Please do not contact Bitstream
Inc. for any reason regarding this font.

So just look up the original without contacting bitstream inc. ?

Cheers,
Maarten