USB Device Support

Scott scott at enduco.com
Wed May 25 15:27:53 CDT 2011

Hi,

	I've been working through my Dell Inspiron 1545 with Linux/Ubuntu
10.04 LTS experiences with ongoing reviews.  I'd like to provide some
help to others considering making the transition from Windows to
Linux.  I'm trying to get my Garmin GPS to talk to its Mapsource
(running under WINE) application through a USB port.  This allows
tracks to be read from and written to the GPS itself.  So far no
luck.  Can someone there please provide some advice?  If this
functionality isn't available yet then so be it.  The Mapsource
application runs fine it's just the USB communication that isn't
working.  Many thanks.

Best - Scott