kernel32/heap: Fix GlobalMemoryStatus()/GlobalMemoryStatusEx()

Adam Martinson amartinson at codeweavers.com
Thu May 26 09:39:53 CDT 2011

There are a bunch of old apps which are known to be buggy with this, the
ones I tested were:
Dragon NaturallySpeaking 7
Adobe Illustrator 8
Need for Speed 2 SE (demo)
Adobe Photoshop 4

Photoshop 4 has a hack in GlobalMemoryStatus() that's causing problems
for some of the others.  The 2nd patch removes that hack, and breaks it
the same way it's broken on Windows.  Normally I wouldn't advocate
breaking apps, but in this case I think it's appropriate.  The 3rd patch
gives a workaround for Photoshop 4 that seams like the appropriate
solution to me, as it mirrors the workaround for Windows.  Any feedback
would be appreciated.