MS XInput*.dll implementation

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Tue Nov 1 21:05:01 CDT 2011

> I've got a general question about the Windows subsystem I'm a bit interested
> of and considering spending some time trying to implement it. What I'm talking
> about is "new" input handling API MS positions as the DirectInput successor:
> XInput 1.x.
If you really want it to get in just do it via DI. Use old patches and
projects like x360ce for ideas, code, and documentation. Too bad x360ce is
in c#.

Implementing XInput "properly" via X11 is impossible. X11 does not support
force-feedback joysticks. One can wait for another 5 years for broken
interface. And another 5 to get it fixed.

Vitaliy.