winedevice taking up 100% after wine cmd

Hin-Tak Leung hintak_leung at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 3 15:05:56 CDT 2011

I just had a rather odd incident earlier today when I just launched "wine cmd", and saw that my process monitor max-out to 100% - and it continued, until I finished what I intended to do and exited cmd,  minutes later. I wasn't doing anything else and no typing anything in the cmd console either, so that was curious. It was winedevice taking up 100%.

I tried wine cmd later but couldn't get that odd behavior any more. But is there any reason why winedevice should go into a spin?

This is fedora 15 x86_64 running 32-bit wine I built myself.