[10/11] ddraw/tests: Add assorted D3D3 DrawPrimitive/visual tests.

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Tue Nov 8 04:18:24 CST 2011

On Tuesday 08 November 2011 01:14:22 Octavian Voicu wrote:
> The idea behind using triangles was to fit everything in one screen so
> I could debug it visually very easily. I'm thinking I can still have
> that if I draw full-screen quads in a loop, like you suggest, then
> blit one small rectangle to the primary surface, in different
> positions for each test.
I don't think that's necessary, I found those one-quad screens easier to debug
than multi-quads, although that may be a matter of taste.

> I think
> we should cover special error cases if there are any (that is, if
> D3DERR_INVALIDVERTEXTYPE is not returned for D3DVT_ constants).
Well, you can't test them. D3DVT_LVERTEX is 2, and D3DFVF_XYZ is 2. The number
2 doesn't have any tags attached, so what you'd be testing is how
drawPrimitive responds to D3DFVF_RESERVED0, not what it does with D3DVT_*
enums.

The statement in the SDK doesn't make sense with that in mind.

 > About the ddraw/visual tests: I think we need one structure for each
> of d3d, d3d2, d3d3, d3d7, where to have most of the things we store
> globally or in local vars now, and make the create/release functions
> work with that.
Yes, I was about to write something like that as a response to the cleanup
patches.

PS: You forgot to CC wine-devel, I assume this was by accident so I've added
it to the reply again. You may want to resend your original mail to wine-
devel.