po: Update French translation

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Tue Nov 22 11:09:34 CST 2011

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011, Frédéric Delanoy wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 11:21, Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> wrote:
> > On Mon, 21 Nov 2011, Frédéric Delanoy wrote:
> > [...]
> >>  msgid "%1!u!MB used, %2!u!MB available"
> >> -msgstr "%u MB utilisés, %u MB disponibles"
> >> +msgstr "%1!u! MB utilisés, %2!u! MB disponibles"
> > [...]
> > kB, MB and GB should be translated to ko, Mo and Go respectively.
>
> Well TBH I've mostly heard people talk about kB, etc. over here.

Not so in France.

> And "octet" is a wrong translation for "byte" (although most if not
> all bytes are 8 bits nowadays) IMO ("octet" also exists in English
> IIRC) Not sure if we want to perpetuate this confusion, should we?

As I said before there's no confusion here. These applications are all
talking about 8 bit bytes. And anyway 'byte' is totally unused in
French, at least in France, and non computer scientists would not know
what it is. I suggest you also check what is displayed in explorer
on Windows or in Nautilus on Linux when running in a French locale.
It's ko or kio.