[1/4] winscard: implementation

Bruno Jesus 00cpxxx at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 09:07:29 CDT 2011

2011/10/3 André Hentschel <nerv at dawncrow.de>:
> Am 03.10.2011 09:31, schrieb Vincent Hardy:
>> First submitted on wine-devel and modified following comments from Marcus Meissner (MAX_ATR_SIZE / bytecount).
>>

> OK, some notes:
> "winscard: implementation" is a very bad name for a patch, especially for 4.
> Splitting the patches is a good idea, but you need to split it different (you are adding dead code).
> In the first patch you might want to add the configure.ac and library loading stuff together with only the things needed for e.g. SCardListReadersA (why no SCardListReadersW?) and then e.g. a patch for every new function.
> I didn't looked at the code, but i want to remember you to read http://wiki.winehq.org/SubmittingPatches

Hi to all, I would like to help Vincent to get this patches in. But we
need more objective help. The comments in this email and in previous
Vincent email differ. One says "send small patch" the other says "send
full functionality patch series". I would like to restart this thread
because otherwise it will be forgotten together with the patches.

This is a whole new feature, in my short period into wine developing
this is the first time I see a completely new thing being introduced.

The first Vincent patch seems ok to me, it adds the pcsclite to
configure system and loads the library. I think this first patch
should be commited after the next release cycle tomorrow so we will
have two weeks to implement the rest of the functions, I talked to
Vincent and he agreed with me that we can send one patch per function
filled with tests that probably only he and me will be able to test
since we have supported readers. Is this reasonable?

In the order there would be patches for ScardEstablishContext,
SCardListReaders, SCardGetStatus, SCardConnect, SCardTransmit. All of
them with a series os tests and skips if the reader is not available
or if the card is not available avoiding failures to other users.

Non-users of smart cards may think this feature is not useful but I
say it's a very important step and worth a line in the news when it
gets implemented.

Please, help us.

Best wishes,
Bruno

--
universe* god::bigbang (void); //and then it all began...