[1/5] d3d8: Never announce support for palettized textures

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Sun Oct 9 10:31:43 CDT 2011

On Sunday 09 October 2011 16:40:11 Henri Verbeet wrote:
> I thought you asked me not to look at these patches yet because you
> still had some issues to fix. Regardless, I gave this a cursory look:
Yeah, those were the ones that implemented blitting in a different way in
wined3d and had issues with palette changes and SFLAG_CONVERTED. The patches I
sent to wine-devel have this fixed, and the patches I sent to wine-patches
aren't affected by this.

>   - I can't say I find e.g. sprinkling d3dformat_is_palettized() over
> the code particularly elegant.
I suppose I could check for it in IDirect3DDevice8Impl_CreateSurface(and the
d3d9 equivalent), if all calls that create surfaces run through it.

>   - Do you have tests for the D3DERR_INVALIDCALL returns?
I tested that and Windows returns D3D_OK. Windows also allows creating P8
offscreen plain surfaces, and it allows StretchRect operations between those
surfaces. It doesn't allow StretchRect operations between P8 and non-
Palettized surfaces. In the end I could not find any way to make use of those
surfaces I could create.

I prefer to return INVALIDCALL over the half-baked implementation Windows has
to find applications that try to use P8 surfaces in a way I may have missed.

>   - In patch 5 you remove wined3d_device_get_current_texture_palette()
> from the spec but not from the public header.
Oops, thanks for catching that.