d3d8/tests: skip the visual test if d3d cannot be initialized

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 11:50:45 CDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 04:39, Henri Verbeet <hverbeet at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12 October 2011 01:51, Austin English <austinenglish at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Current d3d8 does a win_skip(), while d3d9 does a skip(). This unifies
>> the behavior to match the d3d9 behavior.
>>
> I seem to recall this being intentional, so that you get a failure if
> your setup has e.g. no OpenGL.

If the goal is to ensure some test fails with that setup,
opengl32/tests/opengl.c already ensures that:
../../../tools/runtest -q -P wine -M opengl32.dll -T ../../.. -p
opengl32_test.exe.so opengl.c && touch opengl.ok
err:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo  couldn't initialize OpenGL,
expect problems
opengl.c:1295: Test failed: Unable to find pixel format.
*** Error code 1

I was looking to make d3d8/d3d9 consistent. Instead we could make d3d9
fail if OpenGL isn't available, as d3d8 does now.

--
-Austin