WineHQ database compromise

GOUJON Alexandre ale.goujon at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 13:46:23 CDT 2011

On 10/11/2011 09:13 PM, Jeremy White wrote:
> I am sad to say that there was a compromise of the WineHQ database system.
"Nothing Is Invulnerable"
So, now or later, your system will be compromised.
The only thing you have to do is to be prepared to face an incident and
of course secure your systems to slow the attacker(s) down.

The bugzilla case does not really worry me because it's only bugs.
But as CEO, you have to protect your company and your customers.

I'm of course a simple "user" of wine and I have absolutely not the
right to tell you what to do.
But something was open, broken or whatever .. and now you have to spend
time and energy to try to repair the breach.
Just don't let it happen again.
There are lots of methods to analyse risk.
Depending on what level of security you want, it will cost more or less.
Just think about it.

Anyway, thanks for the quick reply, communication is really important in
this situation.