[6/6] wined3d: Catch nop palette updates

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Fri Oct 14 14:36:32 CDT 2011

On Thursday 13 October 2011 22:27:46 Henri Verbeet wrote:
> What makes it slow? Is it purely the upload of the palette itself, or
> is this because e.g. realize_palette() causes a download + upload of
> the surface?
It's the upload in realize_palette. On my system it isn't really an issue with
the opengl renderer, even though the color conversion is done only in
software. The gdi renderer profits more from eliminating the redundant
changes(The game calls SetPaletteEntries with the same entries about 4 times
per second)