[4/7] wined3d: YUY2 and UYVY are block based

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Mon Oct 17 17:04:29 CDT 2011

On Monday 17 October 2011 20:32:43 Henri Verbeet wrote:
> That's mostly a limitation of the individual blitters. You could
> certainly make YUY2 and UYVY work with e.g. FBO blits as long as you
> only blit on block boundaries, and I wouldn't be all that surprised if
> you have to blit on block boundaries anyway in D3D.
Only as long as you don't have to filter. When the sizes don't match even point
filters break, even if you're reading and writing on block boundaries.

But you could handle that in a fragment shader if the circumstances allow you
to calculate the values for the whole block in each shader run. Should be
possible for blits at least.