po: Update English (US) translation

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Tue Oct 18 10:01:13 CDT 2011

On Tue, 18 Oct 2011, Ken Sharp wrote:
[...]
> Okay that should be simple enough, but what is po/en_US.po for then? Won't the
> translations in en_US.po override any US translations in the .rc files?

Currently it's 100% translated and I suspect all strings are simply
copied as is:

2524 (100.0%) translated, 0 (0.0%) fuzzy, 0 (0.0%) untranslated, total 2524

Where it gets a bit strange is that en.po is partially translated even
though it claims to be 'Automatically Generated' (so I'd expect either
0% or 100%):

1748 (69.3%) translated, 0 (0.0%) fuzzy, 776 (30.7%) untranslated, total 2524

My understanding it that en.po contains the British translation and is
treated as just another translation. So instead of containing just the
strings that need to be different, all the other strings are copied as
well by the translators so they know what has been checked already.

              All generalizations are false, including this one.
                                 -- Mark Twain