Daily builds of latest Git now available as Ubuntu packages

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Thu Sep 1 07:43:22 CDT 2011

On 09/01/2011 05:21 AM, Henri Verbeet wrote:
> On 1 September 2011 11:50, Scott Ritchie <scott at open-vote.org> wrote:
>> The packages are versioned like wine1.3-1.3.27+daily-20110901.
>>
>> Limitations:
>> The major version number is based on the latest released version of the
>> Ubuntu packages, so on release days you might see something like
>> 1.3.27+daily-20110909 which would actually be equivalent 1.3.28.  If I
>> get especially behind and don't update the official packages after
>> Monday, you might even see a "1.3.27+daily" that's actually ahead of 1.3.28.
>>
> I don't use Ubuntu, so this doesn't really affect me, but can't you
> use the output from "git describe" for the version?

Unfortunately I have to use Launchpad Recipe's supported substitution
variables here, and while they do have one for the latest git-tag if I
build locally this doesn't work on launchpad itself.  The reason for
this is that the launchpad recipe builders don't have git proper, but
instead rely on bzr-git imports (the package is actually building off
the launchpad bzr import of the Wine git tree merged with my packaging
bzr branch).

Yeah it's a bit lame, and I'll raise the issue with the launchpad folks
when I see them next, but it's a pretty minor problem atm.

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie