script to run all good tests / all flaky tests / etc.

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Tue Sep 6 04:12:12 CDT 2011

On Tue, 6 Sep 2011, Dan Kegel wrote:

> The buildbot does three things to get fast, reliable test runs:
[...]
> - it kills wineserver after the run (since some tests leave processes around)

I found that most of the processes I had that were left behind were
winedbg processes showing the crash dialog. This was slowing things
down quite a bit with winetest because each was triggering the two
minutes timeout.

I know you're avoiding crashing tests and you probably already avoid
this dialog but here goes anyway; I prime all my fresh wineprefixes
with:

./wine "./programs/regedit/regedit.exe.so" - <<__EOF__
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\WineDbg]
"ShowCrashDialog"=dword:00000000
__EOF__

And now I'll plug the conformance tests Wiki page where I documented
this:
http://wiki.winehq.org/ConformanceTests

                  Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
                       -- Wm. Shakespeare, "The Tempest"