Testbot 64 bit mingw?

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Tue Sep 6 15:56:19 CDT 2011

Hi,

The ddrawmodes test has a problem on W7PROX64 when running as a 64 bit binary.
The test times out, and debugging showed that it freezes in crash_callbackA,
in dlls/ddraw/tests/ddrawmodes.c. The function is supposed to crash,
DirectDrawEnumerateA catches the exception and returns DDERR_INVALIDPARAMS.

The line in question is:
*(volatile char*)0 = 2;

I can reproduce the freeze on my local system with the binaries built by the
testbot. I cannot reproduce them with my own 64 bit binaries, or with the ones
from http://test.winehq.org/builds. Thus I suspect that a problem with mingw
is preventing the test from working.

The 32 bit build works fine, even on a 64 bit Windows system.

The mingw version I'm using on my local system:
$ x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc --version
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc (Gentoo 4.5.2 p1.1, pie-0.4.5) 4.5.2

Stefan