Marking test cases as flaky?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sat Sep 10 12:43:08 CDT 2011

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 3:01 AM, Stefan Dösinger <stefandoesinger at gmx.at> wrote:
> A problem we have is that we have lots and lots of tests in dlls/d3d*/visual.c
> and device.c that are unrelated to each other. d3d9/visual has about 100
> separate tests that could be in different files and work just the same way.
>
> Now I don't suggest moving them into different files, that would make the
> directory look pretty ugly. But maybe we could introduce a function that gives
> all following ok() calls a different name and makes it easier for external
> apps to separate tests. E.g.
>
> wine_begin_tests(depth_clamp);
> ok(...);
> ok(...);
> ok(...);
> wine_begin_tests(stretchrect)
> ok(...);
> ok(...);
> ok(...);

Maybe instead of

#define ok_(file, line)       (winetest_set_location(file, line), 0) ?
(void)0 : winetest_ok
#define ok       ok_(__FILE__, __LINE__)

we could have

#define ok_(file, func, line)       (winetest_set_location(file, func,
line), 0) ? (void)0 : winetest_ok
#define ok       ok_(__FILE__, __FUNCTION__, __LINE__)

That would get you most of what you propose without any changes to the
tests, I think.