Auto-selecting local variable/parameters when 'p'rinting values using winedbg?

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at
Mon Sep 12 15:08:56 CDT 2011

Le 12/09/2011 10:32, Frédéric Delanoy a écrit :
> 2011/9/12 Frédéric Delanoy<frederic.delanoy at>:
>> I found that --file accepts the set of commands to execute (but
>> winedbg exits afterwards), but what does --command do?
> OK --command simply executes a single command and exits/continues the
> program until termination.
>> Is there a way to specify initial commands to execute, then stay
>> *inside* winedbg after the last command of the file is issued?
not currently
> Or maybe I should use stuff like 'expect' to do that?
IMO, the best solution would be to:
- let winedbg have a default init command file (say .winedbgrc) to be
loaded at startup
   (if the file exists in current directory, then in ~ directory...)
- add to generic options to winedbg:
     + the first one to give an alternate name to default .winedbgrc
file (or to locate it)
     + the second one to tell winedbg not to load the default file

regarding the 'expect' stuff, you can look at the automaton to test winedbg
not sure it fully matches what you want to do, but it can help

Eric Pouech
"The problem with designing something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete idiot." (Douglas Adams)