ieframe/tests: Skip some tests on Windows if WebBrowser is not supported.

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Fri Sep 16 08:42:28 CDT 2011

On Fri, 16 Sep 2011, Jacek Caban wrote:
[...]
> >       hres = CoCreateInstance(&CLSID_WebBrowser, NULL,
> > CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER|CLSCTX_INPROC_HANDLER,
> >               &IID_IUnknown, (void**)unk);
> > -    ok_(__FILE__,line)(hres == S_OK, "Creating WebBrowser object failed:
> > %08x\n", hres);
> > +    if (hres == REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)
> > +        win_skip_(__FILE__,line)("WebBrowser is not supported\n");
[...]
> The failure is valid here, it's the testbot that is not smart enough. The
> tested DLL is not present on WINNT, so the test should be skipped
> automatically, like winetest does.

Yes, that's why I used a wine_skip() rather than a skip(). I think this
approach is valid too. My understanding is that in theory
CLSID_WebBrowser could be provided by any other dll. So given that this
test makes no direct use of ieframes.dll (that is does not link with it
nor loads it at run time), that makes checking for the presence of
ieframes.dll a bit questionable.

Indead on my NT4 VM I do get a CLSID_WebBrowser object but various tests
then fail. It appears the same thing happens on the W2KPROSP4 testbot
VM.

I presume that's because these Windows versions provided this object
through some older dll that did not support everything. But it would be
nice to have the tests detect that and win_skip().

          Demander si un ordinateur peut penser revient à demander
                         si un sous-marin peut nager.